Monday, November 4, 2013

Day 9 Italy, and yes this massive Cathedral.

This day was amazing. You know how when you look in text books and see odd architecture? Well that's what happened to us. We were able to see something from our textbooks. It's so bizarre to see things from photos in real life.. More on that later. Me and Emily have decided to go to every McDonalds and sample something different that won't be in Canada. Well I ordered this....  photo IMG_0444_zpsd201f996.jpg So it was amazing. Better then pasta in Canada. It makes me laugh that a McDonald's from Vienna and Austria is better then most food I eat in Canada. Aside from mommy's cooking. I miss her Turkey dinner, and her famous meat balls, and Rice. Miss you mommy and Daddy! However, I get to see them very soon so I am excited. Afterwards we were able to go to the Duomo! Located there was the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II. It's one of the oldest malls in the world and definitely decadent.  photo IMG_0446_zpsfd1fff69.jpg  photo IMG_0448_zpsd1923d84.jpg A know a few friends that would have enjoyed it here. There was Versace, Gucci and Prada. It was very elegant. But we were there to look at an amazing structure. First, we had amazing gelato, it was the best I have ever had. (Mini rant here) Italian food and dessert it's probably the best part of life here. How people are not obese I don't know. I would eat there Pasta and desserts all day long if I could. It's just so amazing and just YUMMY!!! Anyways after the gelato we turned a corner and.....  photo IMG_0450_zpsf8fe8129.jpg The Cathedral! You know how in High School, you would see the "Wax Cathedral" well we did! (Sorry to maybe sound offensive, but that's how I knew the cathedral because we would just see the photo). I didn't take much photos inside because it didn't feel right to take photos inside. For me anyways, however it was beautiful as a structure. Definitely grand. However, be aware that you will see some interesting things inside, so just be prepared for that. I wasn't prepared to see some of it. :S After that we had some yummy food. My Brother told me he wanted me to try all the food here, so I can go back and sound pretentious. Being all like "Well in Italy, the lasagne there was divine." LOL! So I spent 14 euros on a lasagne...  photo IMG_0471_zpsbe5b22cd.jpg It was THE BEST lasagne on this planet. It was al Dente, no running, held it's place and now no lasagne will be able to imitate this lasagne. It was just amazing and money well spent.  photo IMG_0466_zps2eb02341.jpg I loved these sticks! I at mine and Emily's LOL! She didn't mind though. It was funny because this restaurant was really expensive, and she wanted to "gorge" on pizza. However it was expensive so she bought a cheaper one. It came with no cheese and just marinara sauce. It was so funny, but then I took a bite and wow, no tomato sauce has ever tasted as good as this. I was just in disbelief. Italy has been good. I have enjoyed the food and the architecture, and furthermore our hotel is just divine. The fact that there are little soaps, and complimentary hair dryer I am in a new level of class and sophistication here... HAHAHAHAH Ladies, be warned! The guys here a very abrasive. This one man chased me down with a bracelet and told me it was for free, I said no Grazi, he kept pestering and I said no Thanks. I said no like 5 times. He then said you need to get married. I continued walking away FAST! I didn't take the bracelet because it just seemed to sketch and who know's if that bracelet meant we were betrothed in some weird country. LOL! But that's my stories for you! Italy, I love you. Where have you been!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment