Saturday, November 2, 2013

Day Six, Hofburg, MozartHause and The Opera!

AAAHH Sorry for the delay, as I ended up travelling to a new country! Yes a new country, it will be a surprise as to what country I am currently at. Here's a hint... Luigi. Yes guess away as that's the most obvious hint I could give anyone. XD Well we went to the Hofburg and had so much fun! We were able to go to the imperial museum. It was really neat, and the items that they had were priceless. It's crazy how these families lived and the attire they would wear.  photo IMG_0276_zps40e384c6.jpg Our taxi driver dropped us off at some strange entrance so we just went on through and found the imperial family museum!  photo IMG_0294_zpsb3b0cfd6.jpg Could you imagine wearing this? It would be so cool! I would play dress up at the museums if I were allowed! Especially with the next little hat.....  photo IMG_0286_zps82a7c4c8.jpg I mean it's no big deal, just a little crown and a staff... Nothing to big to add to my ensemble. Last but not least....  photo IMG_0284_zpsd8f69cea.jpg My walking staff could complete the European look! The amount of historical artifacts they had amazed, even a set of keys and other statues. It was really awesome. However me and my friend got lost and ended up leaving the Hofburg very quickly we took one wrong turn and we were in the city. However I was able to have good Gnocchi and have been enjoying European Cappuccino's.  photo IMG_6891_zpscb968c68.jpg  photo IMG_6889_zpsb264a013.jpg WE went to MozartHause and it was amazing there, sadly no photography was allowed so we had to put those silly cameras away, however the amount of information provided was amazing. He lived such a sad life. And it's always interesting to me, that these artist end up dirt poor during their life, but as soon as they die... Boom wealth. We take people for granted and should appreciate them while living. **Little tidbit for the day* That evening we got read for..... AN OPERA!!! AAAHHH WE went to the Vienna State Opera and it was a grand occasion.  photo IMG_0331_zps8e734d11.jpg Based on Anne Boleyn, the play centered around the king secretly pursuing Jane Seymour, while Anne Boleyn is wondering what he life would be if she were still married to Lord Percy. It was an amazing Opera. So many singers, and even when they are talking, they are singing. I have never heard such beautiful music!  photo IMG_0343_zpsac0fda0a.jpg  photo IMG_0333_zps544e73f4.jpg  photo SAM_0974_zpsd6a833a5.jpg Last photo taken by Emily Sadly we aren't allowed to film there but it was just amazing. I wish you all could experience an opera like that it was just truly outstanding and a once in a lifetime opportunity! WOO! Tomorrow Schobrunn and my secret Travel place revealed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment