Thursday, November 7, 2013

Day 12... A train ride, and Mozart!

It was such a blessing that we had the whole train cart to ourselves on our return to Vienna. However, I wasn't able to sleep a wink do to the fact that my bed was beside a knob, I was really cold, and the blanket wasn't warm enough. So I tossed and turned, when I got to vienna I went straight to the hotel and then bed. So that's why I didn't do much that day. My body is still feeling the jet lag, I don't think I will be able to get used to such a time change in Europe. However, if I choose to travel, I will def. try to bring sleeping pills to sleep properly. Yet, we were able to see the Opera! Mozart's The Marriage of Figaro, it was outstanding. Truly brilliant the cast was amazing. The only downfall was that..... It was in German. LOL! So we had to guess what was happening. We were smart in bringing the english translated version of the opera with us. SO by the second act we popped out the books and began reading and enjoyed the opera.  photo IMG_0722_zpsc23c2923.jpg Selfie of me heading to the opera.  photo IMG_0726_zpsb713f627.jpg This was the outside of the opera house, it was definitely interesting, The guy gave away free cough drops. I don't understand why seeing that no one sang along to the opera. :S  photo IMG_0727_zps96300f20.jpg The trams we take. They are really fun, but def. time consuming.  photo IMG_0728_zps9825e040.jpg  photo IMG_0731_zpse554f1b0.jpg The inside of The Opera House. It was definitely fun to be at the opera house. I really enjoy hearing amazing people belt their hearts out. Also the harmonization of the people are amazing. I am truly blessed and grateful to have had this amazing experience! Tomorrow is my last day. We are hoping to go to the Palace Zoo, one of the oldest Baroque style Zoo, and maybe the Hofburg to take a photo with Mozart. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment